Family Health Ministries (FHM) is a faith-based nonprofit organization dedicated to developing long-term relationships with underserved individuals, families and communities to help them help themselves in culturally-relevant ways.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

"A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"

I was up early this morning to get my laundry out on the line to dry. The good news I didn't have to wash it by hand last night. The guest house has a washing machine and I jumped on the chance to wash my clothes in a washing machine. After getting the laundry on the line, I went over to see how the apartment was coming a long. They were putting in the metal doors today and also the bathroom sink. The drum for the water supply was placed on the roof today looks like approx 400 gallon drum. I think that will last me for a few days. The neighborhood is starting to talk about the new Blanc who is moving in on the street. On my street, there is the Hospital St Croix, Masaje (a nice little restaurant on the end of the street). The Immaculate Conception Pharmacy, Carmen's house (a friend I have known since 2002), a little grocery store, another small pharmacy and then Proch's Pharmacy, which would be similar to Walgreen's in the States. Just two blocks down the street is the boulanjri, our local bakery. You don't need directions to find it just follow your nose. Those of you planning to come on future trips with Family Health Ministries to Leogane can bank on a trip to the boulanjri. If your not signed up check out the Family Health Ministries website http://www.familyhm.org/ to get on a trip. The electricity might go off soon so I need to run. Peace, Love and Joy. Missy

No comments: