Family Health Ministries (FHM) is a faith-based nonprofit organization dedicated to developing long-term relationships with underserved individuals, families and communities to help them help themselves in culturally-relevant ways.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

"Pran Photo M, Souple"

I went out for a walk yesterday, just to get to know the town a little better and to meet more of my neighbors. As I was walking this little boys says, "Pran photo'm, souple" in English, "Take my photo, please." I didn't even have my camera out of my backpack but he new "a blanc" (foreigner) walking around town must have a camera. He was very correct in assuming this because most do carry a camera everywhere they go. They were very happy to get their photos taken even though in the photos they don't look happy. These two little boys will be starting school on Oct 4th, I can't wait to see them in their uniforms. Peace, Love, and Joy. Missy


No comments: