Family Health Ministries (FHM) is a faith-based nonprofit organization dedicated to developing long-term relationships with underserved individuals, families and communities to help them help themselves in culturally-relevant ways.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

"It's Electric"

Just want to report last night at about 11:30 the electric came on to my apartment. I haven't had electricity for over a month. I was sitting on my bed with my headlamp on doing work on my computer when all of a sudden I heard a loud noise. I thought we were having an earthquake. Then papers started flying and I realized the fan was working. It took me a few seconds to realize what was happening. Then I jumped out of bed and started dancing around my room giving praise to God for the electricity. After praising God, I quickly plugged in my computer, cell phones, and the charger for my camera battery. I needed to act quickly because I didn't know how long the power would last. I am happy to report it is still on. I hope to get the water pump reconnected so I can pump water later today if we still have power. Just another day in Haiti. Peace, Love and Joy. Missy

No comments: