Family Health Ministries (FHM) is a faith-based nonprofit organization dedicated to developing long-term relationships with underserved individuals, families and communities to help them help themselves in culturally-relevant ways.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

"Happy Thanksgiving!!"

Hi Everyone, I hope you all had a very blessed Thanksgiving with your family and friends. I am sorry I haven't made an entry in a while but I was travelling back and forth to Port Au Prince, Leogane, Fondwa and out to Jacmel so kind of hard to keep up with things. Also, the Internet isn't working at my house anymore so that adds another obstacle to blogging everyday.

I did have turkey for Thanksgiving. Delson, the doctor who works with Family Health Ministries in Leogane, was given a turkey from a friend of his. Usually, the turkey would be saved to be eaten in December around Christmas. However, Delson said I have several Americans staying here at my house so I am obligated to give them turkey for their special day.
I thought that was kind of him. The meal was delicious it wasn't like home but special in its own way. I am thankful for all of you and all my friends in Haiti. Peace, Love, and Joy.

No comments: